Friday 11 March 2011

Hands on Father

How far does a Dad have to go to be considered a hands on Dad?
 
My mother is always telling me how impressed she is with my Brother and his hands on parenting.  She acknowledges that The Daddy is very good with Little E and Baby J, however does not fully appreciate how much he does.
 
I had lunch today with a very dear friend who told me that he used to do the night feeds when his little darling was a baby.  I assumed he meant the weekends, however he informed me that he did it all the time ... even in the week!
 
This is amazing to me, and quite un-necessary, however he told me his wife suffered from migraines if she had to wake up and do the 3am feed.  My dear friend is currently going through a little marital hardship, however I can not help but wonder if his loving wife knows how lucky she is.  I am sure he has not had his just rewards for his efforts.
 
How many men would have 5 months of interrupted sleep, to rise from their bed, go to the nursery, go downstairs and feed their baby at 3am in the morning, every morning.
 
I can only think of one, and I hope he knows how wonderful he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment