Friday 18 March 2011

The first day

After breakfast Baby J and I made our way back to our room (I was quite impressed to remember where it was).  We then settled into the morning feed.
 
Why is it that just when you are in the middle of a great feed with a newborn baby, you are interrupted?  Just as Baby J was on a mammoth 30 minute feed and counting, a midwife came in to usher us off to the pediatrician.  I manged to delay her a few minutes, but was under pressure to go home today so did not want to miss the slot.  Thank goodness I am a chilled Mummy or the pressure would be too much and could ruin the flow of breastfeeding.  Midwives take note please!  I was told to have him naked and ready to go at any minute.
 
Just as I was wrestling Baby J's clothes off in preparation and Baby J was still suckling hard on the Mummy milk, the Daddy walked in with impeccable timing to help.  It was great to see the doctor together, as the Daddy missed the opportunity when Little E was a baby.  I felt so proud of my new little baby all perfect and tiny.
 
Baby J was signed off with no problems by everyone who came to check him.  We happily left at 3pm, and I started to feel quite emotional about seeing Little E once more.  I had only left him over night, but it seemed like forever.  He has been staying with the childminder, and having a fabulous time telling everyone about Baby J. 
 
 
A quick trip to Tesco to buy a thank you gift for the childminder and champagne for us, and I could not walk (all be it gingerly) into the house quick enough.  It felt so good to give Little E a big cuddle and lots of kisses, and he was soooooo very excited to meet Baby J.
 
Suddenly Little E seems like a giant!

No comments:

Post a Comment