Tuesday 17 February 2009

Valentines day with a baby

How to do valentines with a three month old baby???


We decided to include Baby E in all our Valentines plans. We always go out for a meal, and decided that lunch was better than taking him out for dinner and disturbing everyone's romantic meal.

We picked our favourite local pub, the Bulls Head.



They have lots of seating areas, and delicious food. Whilst we think of this as a relaxed eating environment, perfect for taking children, there is no doubt in my mind the locals think of it as quite posh, so we still have the risk of ruining peoples romantic meal if Baby E is not happy.


We decided not to book (as the pub told us there was no need). It was quite busy, with lots of young couples taking a moment to enjoy themselves. We found a small corner with a sofa to sit on, that was perfect for us and Baby E. Baby E was quite well behaved, needing lots of hugs, and walks around the pub to satisfy his curiosity which kept him quiet. After we had eaten our starter and nearly finished our main course he fell asleep. This is a classic Baby E move as we had been playing lunch time baby relay for an hour! I managed to resist desert this time, as all the food is on the “band list”. Instead I thought of all the food we had at home waiting for us (along with Champagne).

We exchanged gifts first thing. My fabulous boyfriend wrote a lovely poem in my card. He always writes me poems, and they normally make me cry. For some reason there were no tears this time. Perhaps I have used my hormones so much over the last year, that they have run out??? He mentioned later that he was not entirely happy with the second verse. Perhaps my lack of tears has disappointed him. My fabulous boyfriend gave me some Ted Baker Silk Negligee. He always buys me the perfect gift. I wore it in the evening when Baby E was in bed, and we got up to some serious love making on the sofa. My boyfriend had lit a roaring fire, that made the room sooo toasty and warm, it would have been rude not to get undressed!!! He made me tingle in a way never seen since I was pregnant. I don’t know how he does it, but he knows how to hit the spot, and hit it hard.

Even though we were not able to eat our lunch looking into each others eyes, and most of the time we were on our own, I thought it was the perfect Valentines Day ever. Having Baby E makes everything perfect (and my fabulous boyfriend gave me the perfect ending!!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment