Wednesday 18 February 2009

My Washable Nappies

Early on in my pregnancy, I made the decision to use Washable Nappies on Baby E. I knew very little about them, but knew I wanted to limit landfill and use the most natural products on Baby E's bottom. I am not the most adept user of the Internet, and so enlisted the help of my sister-in-law R who was on maternity leave.

Together we embarked on a journey of discovery into the world of Washable Nappies. I quickly learned there are many types of Washable Nappy to chose from, and with so many on the market I wanted to ensure I bought the best for Baby E. I found lots of websites giving good information and advice, however it all seemed quite alien to me. I had never changed a nappy in my life, and so reading about Washable Nappies could be quite confusing at times.

I found lots of reviews on-line of Washable Nappies, however nothing to tell me which I would prefer. In choosing which Washable Nappy to use, I decided to buy lots of different brands of Washable Nappies to see which one I thought best. I am glad I did this, as the performance and fit is quite varied.

Here is a list of the Washable Nappies I purchased. I did not want to be a part time Washable Nappy user, intending to start from when Baby E was born, therefore I bought the below Washable Nappies which the web-sites told me were small enough to use from birth.

1. Easy Peasy Quick Dry Bimble
2. Nature Babies - Diddy Diaper
3. Bambinex - Teddy
4. Minki Huggle
5. Hip Hip Baby - Real Easy Nappy (AIO = All in one washable nappy including of waterproof wrap)
6. Swaddlebees Organic Sized Nappy

Most of the above Washable Nappies need a Waterproof Wrap, I bought the below types.

1. Motherease Airflow Wrap
2. TotsBots PUL Wrap
3. Nature Babies Wrap

Being careful with my money, I wanted to get the maximum use out of my Washable Nappies for the money I spent, therefore I chose to buy AIO Birth to Potty Washable Nappies. These Washable Nappies have adjustable poppers which give the perfect fit from 10lb to potty training. I bought the below types.

1. Hip Hip baby Wonderoos.
2. Bumgenius 3.0
3. Blueberry Minky
4. Swaddlebees Econappy
5. Modern Baby
6. Nature Baby Stuffable
7. Tiny Touch Elite
8. Mommys Touch

Not being the type to stop at Washable Nappies, I also bought some washable baby wipes.
1. Value Wipes
2. Minky Wipes

Finally I finished off with some Washable Breast Pads
1. Swaddlebees Washable Breast Pads
2. Avent Washable Breast Pads
3. Mothercare Washable Breast Pads

Watch this space to see how I get on using them, and what I thought of the reviews!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment