Thursday 19 February 2009

Baby E is 13 Weeks (3 months) Old

My Baby E is now 3 months old. The last three months seem to have flown by. I keep looking at him and can't believe how much he has changed from the teeny tiny baby we brought home 13 weeks ago.

Over the last week my baby's development has been quite noticeable.

Toys
My 3 month old baby has started grabbing for toys, and holding onto them. When I hand him a toy, he brings it up to his mouth with both hands. He then tries to suck on the toy for a little while, until he loses interest.
I have extended the mat on his Blossom Farm play gym this week as he is getting quite big, and looking like he needs more space.

Clothes
My 3 month old baby is comfortably in his 3-6month sized clothing. He has been wearing them for about 3 weeks now, and I am starting to wonder how long they will fit him for. He has about half an inch left in the feet of his sleep suits which seems to get smaller every day. His lovely Denim Dungarees from M&S are now on the largest strap setting, and only just cover his feet. I know using Washable Nappies means clothes have a slimmer fit, however they do not affect the length. I predict we will have to start looking for some new clothes in one month. Baby E is literally growing before my eyes!!!

Movement
My 3 month old baby is no longer stationary! Over the last week we have found a new game. He loves lying on the floor, with no clothes on (such an exhibitionist) lifting his legs into the air and rolling over onto his side. When he returns to lie on his back, he moves up around about 45 degrees. He repeats this until after a few minutes he is facing the opposite direction, and has moved half off his small play mat. Obvious risks involved in this type of play are baby wee or even worse baby poo on the mat. For this reason, we do not play this game on a carpeted surface, and use a washable play mat.

Baby E is starting to enjoy tummy time. When he is put on his front he makes little eh eh noises while he makes a big effort to lift his head, kick with his feet, and move his arms around. The game does not last long (only a few minutes), however he does a little more every time.

Baby Sounds
My 3 month old baby is laughing! He especially loves laughing at his Daddy, who tickles his neck, and blows raspberries. Baby E regularly musters up a couple of un-prompted chuckles for me each day, and it is fantastic! Most of the time makes lots of Eh Eh noises, along with cooing (lots of "Boo" "Gay" and "Ah Ha" sounds). He still has a little voice, which is a lot quieter than any of my friends babies. I am very glad of this.

Watch this space for another post on what Baby E is doing next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment