Wednesday 7 April 2010

Attack of the foam letters

Wednesday April 7th

Yesterday I called in sick. This was not a great move after the Easter Bank holiday week, and I know it will be logged as suspicious on HR files, however I did not have much choice after waking up with a temperature of 38 with a full on fever, feeling sick, a cough to rival a 40 a day smoker and a banging head. My attempt to take some pain relief and antibiotics failed as I promptly threw up (thank goodness for the bucket next to the bed ... I felt nauseous when I went to bed the previous night).

After a whole morning snoozing in bed, I dragged myself downstairs to the sofa to spend the rest of the day snoozing to the fabulous "High Society" and then in contrast a very poor Five US film about a woman who discovered her husband had been living a double life after going AWOL for the past 5 years. Oh the joy of daytime movies!

I was trying to summoned the strength to driven the 2 miles to collect Little E from the childminders. I had already texted my Fabulous Boyfriend to tell him I would collect Little E if he could leave work on time so he could be home early to give Little E some tea. I was not yet ready to sit upright, let alone handle food after the morning incident of sickness! Whilst I was psyching myself up for the short drive, my mobile rang. My childminder was calling to tell me that she would drive my Little E home for me, the offer was so generous and thoughtful, and I was so emotional after feeling so poorly all day I shed a tear (or two). I can not believe how lucky we are to have found such a great childminder. She constantly goes out of her way to care for Little E, to keep him happy, and never complains that we are constantly late picking him up.

After a long day of feeling shockingly poorly, Little E never fails to cheer me up. He refused to go for his bath without me, so I dragged myself upstairs, tidied his room quickly and prepared it for his night night time. While Little E was enjoying fun in the bath with his Daddy my Fabulous Boyfriend I lay on the bathroom floor resting. Once Little E noticed I was there, a little hand shot up, followed my a little scream and a bombardment of foam letters. I was under attack. As fast as I could throw them back, more wet letters kept coming, occasionally followed by a little head bobbing up to check his aim, but always followed by a little scream. By the time Little E had finished his fun, I was pretty well soaked!!

Afterward my Fabulous Boyfriend made me some egg fried rice for dinner (my first meal of the day, which stayed down), and we went to bed for more snoozing.

No comments:

Post a Comment