Tuesday 18 May 2010

Head lice!

Burn all the towels, paint a  big red cross on the door, shave our heads, we have lice!

The childminder called me at work.  This is most unusual and only reserved for an emergency.  The conversation went a little something like this ...

Childminder " little E is ok don't worry, but he's got head lice"

The Mummy "  oh no! I'm guessing those two little flies I picked out of his hair yesterday were not actually flies"

Childminder " er i guess not! Don't worry though, I will get rid of them all, and pick out any eggs, little E loves people playing with his hair.  He goes into a little trance"

The Mummy " that is so kind, are you sure it's ok?"

Childminder " of course, but you have to check yourself tonight and ensure both you and the daddy are clear, i will put a comb in the bag for you"

What would i do without my amazing childminder?

I came home from word to find the daddy and little E in the bath, with the daddy already scraping his head with the little comb closely inspecting it for our little friends.  The daddy was given the all clear, with nothing found.  The mummy was not so fortunate!

With little E tucked up in bed the daddy started the mamouth task of inspecting my hair ... it was not long before he found one ... eugh ... disgusting!  A few moments later and a second one was dragged out by the comb ... STOP! I'm not sitting here all night, this could  take hours ... I'm off to Mr tesco.

20 minutes later and i was back home armed with all the teatree products i could carry, and a lice killing lotion free from pesticide.  After doucing and more combing we went to bed waiting for the lotion to work it's magic.

1 comment: